Today’s Blogger in the Spotlight is my buddy CK, who is a food and travel photographer. We managed to persuade him to share some of his most amazing Peru shots here on our blog. Very happy to have him do a photo essay for us.. here is CK!
One of my all time favourite travel destinations has got to be Peru. Everybody knows what an amazing place Peru is but sometimes I feel at a loss for words, to explain just how wonderful and captivating this land is to a visitor from the East, such as me. You see, Peru is home to snow-capped mountains, giant sand dunes, amazing exotic tropical birds, daunting volcanoes and gorgeous Pacific outcroppings that will have you gasping and trying to reach for that perfect shot with your camera. Peru offers such a wide range of experiences that it can be difficult to choose between them, but let me not write anymore, but rather show you, what Peru means to me.
When words fail me, I turn to my favorite shots of Peru, which pretty much sums up my off-the-beaten path journey, in search of the pulse of Peru..
1. Young shepherds on the plains of the Sacred Valley, Peru
2. The rustic landscape of the Sacred Valley
3. Peru is home to over 50 varieties of corn
4. An elderly Peruvian woman walks past the historical walls of Cusco
5. A musician plays his instrument in the streets of Cusco
6. Machu Picchu, Peru: a dream destination that I had wanted to visit after reading my favourite author Echo’s books … and finally I was there!
7. Aerial view of Machu Picchu
8. The view through the windows (Machu Picchu)
9. The sacred Incan circles of Moray
10. After a snowstorm? – The salt mines of Maras
11. Pukara, a small town en route to Puno: My soul told me I have been here before
12. A construction worker in Pukara
13. Traditional dancers of Lake Titicaca with their colourful, twirling skirts
14. A boatman harvesting the totora (lake reeds)
15. The world highest navigable lake, Lake Titicaca
16. Transforming the harvested totora reeds into weaved layers used to build the floating
islands of Uros
17. “Row, row, row your boat …”
About this Week’s Guest writer:
CK Lim collects jars of artisanal peanut butter from around the world. He’s also a food and travel photographer. His shots have been featured in Time Out KL, The Malaysian Insider, Men’s Folio, I.M. Magazine, and the official website of Michelin-starred Cobéa Restaurant Paris. Feast your eyes on more stunning images at his blog HERE!