If you can brave the long lines of cars heading into Bangsar Village during lunch hour looking for parking, or the constant circling of automobiles on Telawi looking for an empty lot, you’ll find decent food at this cool looking hangout called G3. Yes, the G3 Kitchen and Bar is named as such because it is located on Telawi 3 and the owners happen to be 3 chefs. Very droll.
Roasted pumpkin salads with almond flakes & feta cheese are easy ways to start off, and although the pumpkin can be a little hard, I understand from my dining companions that when done right, the velvety creamy texture is superbly off set by the crunchy salad leaves. Not only that, we soon found out that the Chicken Tikka and the Shish Kebab with Cous Cous were inventive standouts. But really, you’re not here for an epic meal—G3 is all about the espresso and the coffee! Wow, the coffee here is so strong, it had my eye twitching from the sheer rush of the caffeine. While sitting at one of the side tables with the air-conditioning blasting on my back, far, far away from the noon day heat, and yacking endlessly with my friends about twitter and how you really don’t even have time to say something “Smart”, fast enough these days, I feel life is perfect .. perfect like a cup of strong coffee.. eye twitch and all.
Roasted pumpkin salad with almond flakes & feta cheese
Anyway, while we are on the subject of twitter and eye twitches, have another coffee and here are 10 Interesting Facts about the Wedding of the Year, The Royal Wedding – William & Kate!
1. At 29 Kate Middleton is the oldest royal bride in Britain.
2. Kate Middleton will be the first royal spouse who’s a university degree holder.
3. After the wedding, Kate will be referred to as “Catherine” instead of her nickname Kate.
4. Prince William’s pet name for Kate is “babykins” while Kate calls William “big willie”.
5. There are 1,900 invited guests to the Royal Wedding.
6. Sarah Ferguson, ex-wife of Prince Andrew, was not invited to the Wedding.
7. Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding will be the 16th royal wedding held at Westminster Abbey.
8. 160 horses will escort the royal carriage procession.
9. After the wedding, only Kate Middleton is expected to wear a wedding ring. Prince William will not wear a wedding ring.
10. Prince William and Kate Middleton are 15th generation cousins.
Lamb Kebab served on a bed of Cous Cous
Bread and Butter Pudding, Fig and Walnut Tart, strong strong coffee and Ciki’s involuntary eye twitch!
Like a G3, like a G3!Add: G3 Kitchen & Bar, 19, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 2282-9019 [mappress mapid=”4″]